28 April 2018

April 2018 Favourites

I have a few new favourites this month so thought I would share it with you.

BEAUTY

Revolution Fast Base Foundation Stick
I tried this at the begin of the month for a blog post and have worn it ever since, I love how long it lasts on the skin as well as how it looks on my skin. I struggle finding foundation that lasts a long time on my skin and does show off my dry skin.

MUSIC & PODCASTS

George Ezra - Paradise
Still loving this song and probably will for ages.

Kylie Minogue - Dancing
This is such a catchy song that I can't stay still when it is played, I'm not a huge fan of Kylie Minogue music but I do love this song.

One Direction - I Would
I wouldn't class myself as a One Directioner, I have never been to a concert and have no interest in going to one and even when they started out I liked a few songs but never HUGE fan but I heard this song recently and really got into it.

The Overtones - Say What I Feel
Sadly Tim Matley passed away this month which got me thinking about The Overtones and re-listening to their music, I will always remember when my Dad came home after work saying that he heard a group sing on BBC Radio 2 called The Overtones and I would probably love them. Dad bought the album on iTunes to put on his computer and my phone. I became quite obsessed and listened to them quite a lot, I even bought the second album which is very rare for me because I always wait for my dad to buy the music but I had to get this album. I did my research on the group wanting to know where they are from, Say What I Feel was the first song I heard back in 2011 (I think it was then) and still like it even though I haven't heard it for a while.

Westlife - Uptown Girl (Live From The O2)
I did have the Comic Relief CD that they did this song for but God knows where it is now, I came across this song again and love it and I love Billy Joels version too but it is another song that brings back good memories.

BLOGS & YOUTUBE CHANNELS

Britain's Got Talent - 100 Voices of Gospel
I have rewatched the videos of 100 Voices of Gospel ever since they were first on Britain's Got Talent and I will always remembering watching it on TV when it was first on and when Alesha Dixon said "I am still dying for a choir to come out and do what they do in Sister Act and really go for it", I said "AMEN to that." I want to go to my priest and ask him if he has ever watched Sister Act or seen the 100 Voices of Gospel and tell him to take notes for our church because this performance puts me on such a high. My church the music is depressing whereas this is all so happy and I just dance. I wish they would have won but they didn't sadly but how good are they. If you would like to see the videos click the underlined titles below and it will take you to the YouTube video:



Lauren Molina
I will always refer this channel as The Skivvies which is such an entertaining group who perform in their underwear (BRAVE) with special guests from other musicians some of them are in musicals and on broadway, I have linked a few of my favourites below if you would like to check those YouTube videos out:



TV SHOWS & MOVIES

Harry Potter Collection
I did over one weekend a Harry Potter marathon and really enjoyed it, it brings back memories of seeing the first film in the cinema with my friends, my mum, auntie, cousin and great grandmother and I think I saw the next two afterwards with my friends. I can't believe how old these films are but yet they are still so good.

The Keith & Paddy Picture Show
I love this show, I loved series one and finally they launched series two in April and I loved each episode that have come out so far:
Episode 1 - Grease: I love the movie Grease, I do love a good musical so when I saw they did this film I had to watch. Stacey Solomon who is in this version as Frenchy looks like Didi Conn who plays Frenchy in the original film so that is pretty cool.
Episode 2 - Top Gun: so funny, couldn't stop laughing at it, Keith who plays Maverick (Tom Cruise's character) and even had dodgy teeth.

The Resident
A new tv show based on a hospital in Atlanta (I think), I love all of these sort of hospital shows (Casualty, Code Black, Chicago Med, Grey's Anatomy, Holby City, ER...) this is slightly different to the others but if you like those shows then you will like this. It is also nice to see Emily VanCamp in another television series (who watched Revenge). The difference between this show is how it exposes the healthcare system over in America and the cancer scandal.

The Woman In White
It's a new show on BBC and so far there has only been two episodes but no sooner an episode had finished I wished for another one. Jessie Buckley is in The Woman In White, I recognised her when I started watching and realised I knew her from somewhere and realised she was in another television show called War & Peace (another show I loved). Ben Hardy who is also in the show The Woman In White played Pete Beale in Eastenders. Fun Fact Ben Hardy is playing Roger Taylor in the film Bohemian Rhapsody which should be out soon and I am EXTREMELY excited to watch that. ​

No comments:

Post a Comment