16 June 2018

BATTLE OF THE DUPES #3: Benefit vs. Maybelline

All over Pinterest and Instagram I had seen people say that Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser is a dupe of Benefit POREfessional so I though I would put it to the test myself especially as I love using the Benefit primer and if I can find a cheaper alternative then that would be brilliant. Also the day that I tried the primer out was a busy day, I had to work for a few hours and then headed to a park for a friend's birthday with the family and all of this was on a hot day.
Before I applied the primers I put my usual moisturiser on which is Astral.

I have pretty large pores on my nose so when I applied the Benefit primer on the left side (my right) I got the usual result that I normally get, my pores where less visible and looked a little more flawless. I applied the Maybelline primer on the right side (my left) and notice my pores looked better but not as good as the Benefit one.
The primers look different when you squeeze it out of the bottle, the Benefit primer is slightly tinted whereas Maybelline is clear, the Maybelline is greasy(-ish).
The foundation I wore was Benefit Healthy Mix Foundation; which I love and used my BeautyBlender, the left side (Benefit side) went on okay whereas the right side (Maybelline side) was a bit patchy and not as flawless looking.
The rest of my makeup went on well, the left side looks better whereas the right side looks slightly more dry.
I went to work for about 3 hours in the outdoors heat (we have sun in England during May), my skin looked okay on both sides.
I applied the primer at 8am so I did my final update at 8pm and noticed both sides looked worn out but the Maybelline side is even more worn. I had been at a park with a large group of family and friend's running around and playing football so my face was slightly dewy until I cooled down.

Benefit the POREfessional Primer
Purchased from: Boots
Size: 22ml
Price: £27.50

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
Purchased from: Boots
Size: 22ml
Price: £7.99

Nicest to apply: Benefit
Foundation applied nicer: Benefit
Lasts longest: Benefit
Looks the best longest: Benefit
Both primers claim to make your skin soft and smooth looking and make your pores vanish or decrease the appearance which the POREfessional does whereas the Maybelline made my pores look smaller but not vanish. Overall my skin looked better with the Benefit primer and made my makeup last, I don't understand why people say this is a dupe.

Is it a dupe: No

Date Tried: Saturday 19th May 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment