28 July 2018

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: wet n wild PhotoFocus™ Foundation

Tati Westbrook raves about the wet n wild PhotoFocus™ Foundation so I thought I would try it out, now I couldn't find it in the UK, nobody stocks it except Amazon.
CLAIMS:
  • Your skin, only better.
  • Skin-perfecting foundation
  • Delivers flawless camera-ready makeup
  • Specially made with a matte, light-diffusing complex to give your skin #nofilter perfection 
  • Light-adjusting complex to help prevent white cast in photos
  • Tested under 7 light conditions with and without the use of flash
My skin is dry so prior to applying any foundation I always use a moisturiser, the one I have been loving for ages is the Astral face and body moisturiser. When I do the first impressions on a foundation I want to know what it is like without a primer, I know a few people don't wear primer, it's an extra step in their routine.
I applied the foundation with a damp BeautyBlender and it is very light so the whole 'your skin only better' could be true but what I noticed when I took a photo with flash that my face was white and yes I know I am very pale skinned but not this pale.
As I was putting the rest of my makeup on I noticed creasing under my eyes which causes a build up of product so I powdered under my eyes but still creases.
Update (2pm): the foundation in general looked dry.
Update (7pm): my skin was patchy and dry - my makeup in general looked disgusting.

The 7 light conditions they tested with are the following:
  • Clear Blue Sunlit Sky
  • Outdoors PM
  • Indoors PM
  • Electronic Flash
  • Fluorescent Light
  • Bathroom Light
  • Nightclub Light
Overall this foundation isn't suitable for dry skin, any slight movement to the skin and the product moved, if you scrunch your eyes you get the lines, if you smile you get lines, you touch your face and it transfers to your fingers. I wish I liked it but didn't, I don't understand maybe it is the way I put it on but I will try it out again in a few weeks and if I have a change of opinion I will do a revisit blog post. What I do like is how fast the foundation got to me.

Purchased from: Amazon
Shade: Porcelain
Price: £5.08 + £3.79 (P&P)
Star Rating: 1/5
Date Tried: Friday 15th June 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment