23 December 2018

2018 For Me #Blogmas2018

I thought I would recap the year, it's been a very emotional year and one that has good and bad, I feel like some parts of the year I wish I could erase it from my memory whereas some I wish I could relive.

Losing a family member
Technically he isn't blood family but I will always count Nick as my family. Nick had fought for years against cancer but sadly at the beginning of the year he lost the fight and passed away. It was the hardest thing to see and to happen, seeing his young children live without a family has been tough but I am so proud of Nick's wife Julie on how strong she has been and the boys, they have really done well. I just want to thank Loros (Leicester Hospice Charity) who looked after Nick and the family so please if you would like to donate to a charity then please donate to Loros.

Launching my blog
I had written a blog previously but kept privatising it, I felt like people would judge so I deleted it and thought I would start a blog when I feel confident and comfortable. I knew that there would never be a time so I just went for it, I have to be honest when a few family friends found my blog Instagram account @theblogofaliciamaude I felt like I had been caught out but speaking to one of them and now she is going to start a blog.

Starting a new job
I left the family business and went back into the food industry working for a catering company that also has café. I had previously done a few shifts in 2017 to help them out but March 2018 I started at the company on a more permanent bases.

Health deteriorating 
I haven't been feeling good for years and you can get more details from my blog posts 'Me & My Health' but this year I have been battling to get an answer, I seem to be getting half answers like finding out that I have a cyst on my brain that is bleeding but that's it, no advance on that. My mental health has been declining, I'm losing my memory but also emotionally I've been crumbling.

Becoming a godmother again
I have two godsons called Alfie and Ollie and a goddaughter called Ramayah but I became a godmother again called Kane.

New family member
I have grown up with a cat (Jack), we got him when I was 4 but sadly he had to be put down just before my 21. This year we as a family decided it was time to get a new kitten so we got Cub, our Ginger Tom who is such a little character, he has stripes all over but on his belly he has leopard spots, also he thinks he's a dog, it is weird.

Launching my business
On 5th November I launched my business Maude & Noah, it has been a long time coming but I am so proud of what I have done.

#Blogmas2018 #ForMe #Loros #Blog #Business #maudeandnoah #Health #MeAndMyHealth #Godmother #Godchildren #CubTheKitty #Cub #Work 

No comments:

Post a Comment