10 December 2018

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation #Blogmas2018

I have seen recently people on social media talking about NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation and they all seem to love it so thought I would try it out.
CLAIMS:
  • Enhance the appearance of silky smooth skin.
  • Achieve a picture-perfect look any time you're in the spotlight. 
My skin is uneven in texture and skin tone, dry and I seem to have more fine lines so hopefully this foundation will smooth out my skin.
I used my Real Techniques Complexion Miracle Sponge, I noticed when I squeezed some out onto the sponge that it was quite dark, annoying because I was recommended this shade by a NYX employee. I kept on wearing it and applying the foundation, it blended really nicely, I just wish it was the right colour. My skin looks smoother than normal and has slightly evened out my skin tone.
Makeup applied lovely on top, I used a little extra concealer to get it to be more like my skin tone.
UPDATE #1 (1pm): I look a photo with my phone, first picture is without flash and the second is with flash, some foundation give that horrible white cast when flash is used and this foundation doesn't do it. My skin doesn't look bad for a long day, I applied the foundation at 8am and I have been lugging boxes and trying to get my life in order after a hectic work week so the foundation is really stayed together.
UPDATE #2 (9pm): Between this update and the first update I went to the doctors, walking from the car park to the GPs I got rained on and then I had a little melt down in front of my doctor so for my skin to still look pretty decent I am impressed.

I will keep using this foundation, I didn't give it a 5 because it does sink into my fine lines and makes them look worse than they are but I still like it. I am annoyed that it isn't the right shade but that's life, people get things wrong.

Purchased from: Boots
Shade: Vanilla
Price: £14.00
Star Rating: 4/5
Date Tried: Thursday 29th November 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment