24 November 2019

Travel Diaries (Stockholm 2019)

I thought I would write a little diary of everything I have done over the week (not really a full week) so I can keep and share these memories with other.

Tuesday 12th November 2019
My flight from Manchester Airport to Stockholm wasn't until 9:45am, I had already checked in via the SAS app and left with plenty of time to get from Harrogate to Manchester but traffic kept getting in the way leaving me only 1 hour to go through everything.
Now I have a loop recorder fitted inside my chest, I am allowed to go through the security but not have the wand over the area that the loop recorder is in so that meant I had to get my hands swabbed and sit down whilst they read my medical letters.
Got through and headed straight over to Starbucks for coffee. My flight was good, I slept for most of it and so did a lot of people of the plane. One dumb ass on my flight decided when the lights was on the have our belts on and as we were landing that he would stand up so all we could hear was the air stewardess telling him to sit down. I took the Arlanda Express straight to the city centre, I walked from the station to the hotel in the rain.
No sooner I got in I took photos of the room for a blog post, had a look round, contacted my parents to tell them that I got here safely. I got into my PJs and watched Netflix (The Back Up Plan - great movie) I was exhausted and I think it's down to my thyroids.

Wednesday 13th November 2019
I woke up really early, I think it's because of my thyroids, I was up at 6am so in England that would be 5am, I normally get up at about 5:30am when I have work.
I have never had gherkins or meatballs for breakfast before but hey when in Sweden. I have to admit the coffee at the hotel is amazing.
Walking to the ABBA museum which is about 3.1 miles away from my hotel, I notice they are getting ready for Christmas with all of the decorations.
Something I have noticed about Sweden or Stockholm in particular is how clean it is, even with road works being done it's well organised and tidy.
If you are ever in Sweden try these drinks from NAIA, they are so delicious (#notsponsored).
I am pleased walked to the museum, it got me thinking about how pretty Stockholm must be in the Summer and how I don't have time right now to do everything so expect a revisit from me.
I learnt that before a show Agnetha and Anni-Frid would have a glass of champagne and Björn and Benny would play chess.
Of course I had to have a selfie with the team.
I love the costumes, the designers behind these are very talented.
Walking back seeing all of these amazing building and sculptures. These two represent Water and Air so some facts about these; Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf is the main donor of these monuments, erected in 1994. They represent how much of an impact air and water has to Stockholm. The wastewater in Stockholm is purified in a wastewater treatment plant of all the harmful substances and released back into Saltsjön (bay of the Baltic Sea). The air has been dramatically improved since the 80s due to the reduction of emissions from industrial processes, transportation and heating. What I noticed is they use electric buses, a lot of Teslas are around and other electric cars.
I bought a few snacks and drinks from Coop which is their supermarket out there. Headed back to FaceTime my parents then watched Baywatch. I had been out for a while, my feet killed with all the walking I had done.
Oh also did I tell you it's my BIRTHDAY!

Thursday 14th November 2019
I decided today would be a slow more relaxing day so got breakfast.I did some work on my business Maude & Noah but got a bit restless.
To get over the restlessness I chose to go for a walk and ended up near the Spanish embassy and by the time it was getting dark decided I would get something quick to eat and as you can see I went to McDonald's.

Friday 15th November 2019
I got my usual breakfast then headed off to Joe & The Juice to get a morning coffee, I love this place and whilst having my coffee I FaceTimed my work colleagues to discuss work.
I walked to the Vasa Museum, it is such an amazing place, I had never heard of it before but learnt a lot and would really recommend for everybody to go.

Saturday 16th November 2019
Saturday was a slow day, I started off by doing some work on Maude & Noah then explored the local area and buy a few gifts. Oh also thought I would mention that I tried blueberry soup - not my cup of tea.

Sunday 17th November 2019
Got up and went for breakfast in the hotel then packing, I kept worrying that I had over packed and my suitcase was too heavy but once I checked it in I was just under.
I sat in the airport writing blog posts and thinking about my next trip and planning that, I would love to go to Stockholm in the Summer but plan for another place in the Summer. I have got the travel bug.
Flight was good, managed to sleep for the whole thing because I was so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment