27 December 2019

December 2019 Favourites & Dislikes

My last blog post of December has to be a favourites but sadly there is a dislike in it.

BEAUTY
Ciaté Love Me Oil Cranberry Cuticle Oil
You may have seen on my Instagram page that I have been putting up nail polish pictures, well you may have noticed that one product that stays the same is the cuticle oil, my cuticles have been really nice.

essence False Lash Effect Mascara Princess
I didn't like this mascara when I first used it, apparently it's a dupe for a high end mascara (can't remember which) but I left it in my drawer for about two months and started reusing it and it's good, I have to comb my lashes through with a different mascara brush (empty mascara) to separate my eyelashes but the mascara is really nice.
PS… Nude Addiction Eyeshadow Palette
Favourite eyeshadow palette of this year for sure, I tried it out for a blog post in December but every since then have used it every day afterwards, I love and wear all the shades except Brownie Points, I don't really wear really dark eyeshadow.
Topshop Matte Lipstick in Rio Rio
I don't know if it's because it's Christmas/Winter time but I really loved wearing red lips, I used to always wear a red lip when I was younger but put this on and just kept using it.

FASHION
Never Fully Dressed Chelsea Print Jaspre Skirt
I got this skirt for my Christmas works party and loved it, I didn't know what to wear to play crazy golf but also drinks.
Ted Baker Flossie Soft Leather Studded Camera Bag
I got this for my birthday and love it, it's black so of course I love it.

BLOG & YOUTUBE CHANNELS

Adam Lambert & Cyndi Lauper - I Got You Babe (The 41st Annual Kennedy Center Honors 2018)
Love Cyndi Lauper, she is so cute.

Adam Lambert - Performing "Believe" by Cher - 41st Annual Kennedy Center Honors
I love Cher but can't stand her disco tech sort of songs so Believe I'm not a fan of however love Adam Lambert's version. I think Cher should probably do a remix or re-record in this style as well. I have a brilliant idea, Cher or Cher's people if you ever read this an album is needed called Cher & Friends, get talented musicians such as Adam Lambert, Cyndi Lauper, Tina Turner, Kygo and do re-records of all your top songs.

Cyndi Lauper - If I Could Turn Back Time (The 41st Annual Kennedy Center Honors 2018)
Sorry but who doesn't love Cyndi Lauper, she is just so talented and I love this video.

Karen Olivio and Aaron Tveit - Your Song - Best Audio - The Late Show/Stephen Colbert - Nov 15, 2019
I really like this version of this song, I already thought Aaron Tveit was talented but never heard of Karen Olivio but WOW, this song is amazing. I really want to go see Moulin Rouge The Musical in America now.

TV SHOWS, MOVIES & PODCASTS

Angels of the North
I saw this on BBC Three and thought I would have a look at it, I was hooked, I watched every episode within 48 hours and so hope for a second season of this shop that is based in a hair salon up north.

Friends
I can watch them over and over again and still find it funny and I love the fact my little brother Mowgli who is 12 loves it too.

James Bond: Daniel Craig Collection
Who doesn't love James Bond? I can't believe that the fifth and final James Bond with Daniel Craig is coming out in the new year.

Jamie Genevieve: A Year In The Life
Another BBC series that I hope has a second season.

MUSIC
My Apple Music playlist on my phone this month consists of the following:

  • Aretha Franklin - Who's Zoomin' Who?
  • Céline Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
  • Danzel - Pump It Up (UK Radio Edit)
  • Endor - Pump It Up - this is the remix that is out right now in clubs and on the radio
  • Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - December, 1963 (Oh What A Night!)
  • Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - The Night - I have loved Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons for years but never overly loved this song until it was on the Edinburgh Gin advert and I really needed to listen to it over and over again
  • Glennis Grace ft. Glen Faria - Higher Love
  • Go West - The King Of Wishful Thinking
  • Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent
  • Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher Love
  • Prince - Little Red Corvette
  • Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
  • Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
  • The Darkness - Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)
  • The Emotions - Best Of My Love
  • Wham! - Last Christmas


OTHER

Christmas Works Do
I started a new job back in February, made some friends however all the ones I am close to are new, starting in August to November so it was nice to spend time with them. We have all been under a lot of pressure and it was nice to see a different side of certain people however some people shouldn't drink lets put it that way. It was nice to get to know the owners of the company and since the Christmas party they have been easier to approach and I feel they have got to know a few of us on my project and respect our opinion more. We played mini crazy golf (I was put on a team with the two owners) and then drinks afterwards in a bar that had a roped off area for our work.

DISLIKES
Sure MotionSense™ Cotton Dry Anti-Perspirant
It smells disgusting, so I ran out of my normal one and forgot to repurchase so popped to the shop no sooner I got into Leeds City Centre, on my way into work and the only shops open when I get in are mini grocery stores and Sainsbury's only had this in. It's vile.

No comments:

Post a Comment