14 April 2018

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Revolution Fast Base Foundation Stick

All over YouTube and social media I saw people rave about the new foundation Revolution bought out called Fast Base Foundation Stick so obviously I had to pick it up myself and try it out.
CLAIMS:
  • Easy-to-apply
  • Melts into skin
  • Blending seamlessly
  • Fresh and dewy finish
HOW TO USE:
  1. Twist up
  2. Swipe on
  3. Blend out with fingers, a beauty sponge or your favourite foundation brush

I wanted a new foundation and like I previously said everybody was rating this foundation so I thought I would try it out so I popped to my local Superdrug and picked up the lightest shade, I also wanted to get the Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer in the lightest shade but they are always sold out of it.
Today I have an appointment at the hospital for an MRI and then a  baby shower so I want a long wearing foundation plus one that doesn't cling to my dry patches.
Now when I come to do foundation reviews or first impressions I won't wear a primer because I want to see how it works without one and also I don't always wear a primer all of the time so I need to know that if I am in a rush it is not needed.

Today my skin is dry and I have a few red spots so hopefully this will cover it.
11:00am - I swiped the stick onto my skin and was impressed with how light and creamy it felt, I blended it out with my BeautyBlender® effortlessly, it is pretty good coverage especially covering my spots that are in the contours of my cheeks.
I applied the rest of my makeup and love how it looks, if you want to know what products I am wearing on my face check out next weeks blog post which will be a FOTD and OOTD: Jacinda's Baby Shower.
6:00pm - after a nap in the MRI machine and a lot of cry laughing at the baby shower I am pretty impressed with how my foundation looks, I don't have the smile lines that some foundation have so that is good. I find my skin can be quite patchy by now when you look close up but it was perfectly fine.
8:00pm - I really like how my skin looks after a busy day, this is suits me really well, no creases or dry patches.

Overall I love this foundation, I saw a girl on YouTube use three shades of this foundation, one as a foundation, one lighter than that for brightening under the eyes and a shade darker as a contour, I can't do that because there isn't a lighter shade but that doesn't matter really, if you have oily skin I don't think it will suit your skin type but for all of those dry skinned people out there then this is a brilliant foundation and it is only £5. I will continue to use this foundation. It is easy to apply, melts into skin, blends seamlessly and gives my skin a fresh and dewy finish.

Purchased from: Superdrug
Shade: F1
Price: £5.00
Star Rating: 5/5
Date Tried: Sunday 8th April 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment