12 May 2018

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Everybody has been raving about The Ordinary products so I thought I would give their Coverage Foundation a try. Now it was hard to find a place that had a shade that I thought would be suitable for me.
CLAIMS:
  • Full coverage
  • Lightweight
  • Smooth, perfected and semi-matte finish
  • Lasts all day without settling into fine lines
HOW TO USE:
  1. Shake before use
  2. Dispense a small amount into the palm or the back of your hand
  3. Smooth on and blend throughout the face
  4. Ideally outward from the midpoint of the face
My skin is dry and on a normal day I generally don't wear primer, I only ever use a primer if I know it will be a really long day where I am either going out for dinner and won't have time to redo my makeup or if I am going to an event I apply a primer but when I try out new products I won't be trying them with a primer because I know a few people who prefer not to so I want to see how the foundation works on it's own.
8am: I applied the foundation onto my skin using a damp BeautyBlender which is my normal tool for any foundation. Prior to putting the foundation on I moisturised my skin like normal, I like the way the foundation sat on my skin and it covered my rosy cheeks.
The other makeup items I use applied nicely over the top, I didn't have to use as much concealer as I normally do because of the redness. I like the way my makeup turned out (also thought I would mention I was also doing a review on a lip product whilst doing this first impressions so if the lipstick looks dodgy throughout then you know why) I was say that it is on the verge of full coverage and feels very lightweight with a semi-matte finish.
12:00pm: The first update so this morning after doing my makeup and getting dress I went to a meeting and then had to walk from that meeting into our city centre and shopping centre which is about a mile (I checked on Google Maps - 1.2mile), it was that horrible windy spitting rain. Once I was in the shopping centre I went and got a coffee and then walked from the shopping centre to the hospital again in the wind and rain (I check on Google Maps and that trip is 0.8miles). The foundation looks dry and has clung to my drier areas but my rosy red cheeks which I know for a fact would be redder if I wasn't wearing this foundation so I am impressed.
3:00pm: Second update and I still like the foundation BUT the whole 'lasts all day without settling into fine lines', it has settled into my smile lines which is very rare for me to have smile lines but maybe that's because I never notice them, still semi-matte but I have a nice glow in the right areas of my face (in my opinion) however drier areas of my skin have shown up.
8:00pm: I am about to take my makeup off and thought I would finish this blog post and get it ready to schedule so today my face has looked pretty decent and it isn't a bad foundation.

Overall I will continue using this foundation but probably use a moisturising primer as well as my regular morning moisturiser as well as during the day when I feel my skin getting drier use a makeup fixing spray. It is full coverage, lightweight, semi-matte but it does settle into fine lines and isn't all day wear.
It is hard to figure out what your shade is in a foundation when you have never seen the products in person but I came across a blog post a while ago and screenshot a piece and I have put the information into a chart so people can try it out and figure out what their shade is. I know what shade I am in MAC and I think people are more likely to know what shade (I am NC15 just for your information).

Purchased from: Beauty Bay
Shade: 1.1N (Fair Neutral)
Price: £5.95
Star Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment