18 August 2018

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Bourjois Volume Glamour Effet Push Up Mascara

I purchased one of my favourite foundations from Boots which is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation and they had an offer on where if you spend over £12 you get a free kit
CLAIMS:
  • Curving
  • Volumising
  • Lasts 16 Hours
My eyelashes are very pale, generally if I wear makeup I can use the best makeup remover but mascara seems to stain my eyelashes, if I don't wear makeup for weeks my eyelashes will go back to their natural state of being white. My eyelashes are short and not very curly or volumised. Before trying this you can see my eyelashes are a pale brown.
I applied one coat and noticed it is very dark black which I really like but my eyelashes don't look curly or volumised.
The second coat has made my eyelashes look slightly thicker and more defined but not by much, kind of disappointed they don't look curvy or volumised. 
UPDATE #1 (4:30pm): Before I mention the mascara I better tell you that I was actually trialing an eyeshadow palette which was last weeks blog post and also my skin was really dry so I wiped all of my face makeup off after a while. Anyway I applied the mascara at about 8:30am and it is supposed to last up to 14 hours by 8 hours later it doesn't look as good but it isn't flaking or coming off.
UPDATE #2 (9PM): It has been roughly 12.5 hours and the lighting is not as good but it looks similar to my first update so it hasn't dropped or got any worse. 

Overall I think the mascara doesn't live up to it's claims but just remember that everybody is different, it might work for some people but sadly not me. It was easy to remove but when I splashed my face to see if it would hold up to rain for example it didn't run or make a mess so that is a positive. I will keep using it because I know that my favourite mascara - Benefit They're Real! is only my favourite once I have opened it for a month (I don't leave it open just to note), if this mascara performs better once the formula has dried up a bit I will do a revisit which has always been my plan for product testing. 
I have given the mascara a score but I thought I would just mention the mascara came in a free gift with purchase over £12 in Boots, the score does not reflect this. I want to show you what you get and what a bargain if these products work - bargain even if you don't, you have something to try out.

Purchased from: Boots
Shade: Wonder Black
Price: £8.99
Star Rating: 3/5
Date Tried: Saturday 4th August 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment