11 August 2018

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: PS… Bronze Shade & Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette

A fact about me, 2018 was the year I started shopping in Primark, I never wanted to shop there, the one in Leicester City centre is vile but I managed to find a new store and quite like finding some really good bargain clothing but when I was in there the other day I saw a palette but never actually saw inside but I saw a cheap palette and thought it would be a good item to review.
When I opened the palette I didn't expect it to look so pretty but what I don't get is why it is called bronze when most of the shades are more red and a burnt shade. I did also get the hint of coconut which I haven't mentioned, it is coconut fragranced.

I always apply primer to my eyes because no matter how cheap or expensive the eyeshadow is they seem to crease without a primer so what I have decided to do is try one eye without primer and one eye with primer and the primer I use is e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer in sheer. I got up and started doing my makeup at 8:30am.
I used my Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush to apply this shade all over my eye as a base, it wasn't overly pigmented but enough for a base. It looks smoother on the eye that has been primed.
I used my Spectrum C06 to blend this salmon/orange colour into the crease of my eye and slightly above, this is pigmented and doesn't have any fall out.
I used my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush to blend this dark terracotta shade into the crease, another shade that is pigmented and no fall out.
I used my Spectrum B04 brush to apply the slightly golden shimmer shade to my eye lids, there was a bit of fall out but not a lot.
I used my Real Techniques Eyeliner Brush to line my water line and top lash line with the dark mauve shade, another pigmented shade without fall out.
I used my Real Techniques Accent Brush to apply this yellow-ish shimmer to the inside of my eye as a highlight and used my Real Techniques Angled Shadow Brush to apply the same shade under my brow bone to highlight that. This shade has a bit of fall out too.
UPDATE #1 (4:30pm): The eye that didn't have the primer is slightly messy looking, the oils on my eyelids generally crease my eyeshadow (every eyeshadow) so it was expected but I didn't expect such a cheap eyeshadow palette to uphold on the other eye.
UPDATE #2 (9pm): I have to say I like this palette, I definitely need to use a primer for it to look and stay decent.
Let's just get things straight, I am not a makeup artist, I have self taught myself how to use makeup because my mum doesn't wear it and the reason I have a full face of makeup at the beginning of this blog post and by midday I did was because my face was so dry so I removed my makeup - it was horrible looking. Now onto the product, the smell of the palette isn't too bad, I hate the smell of coconut but I can cope with this product, you can't smell it when it's on your eyes. I swatched the palette using my finger onto my arm from top to bottom, left to right so I noticed majority of them were pigmented however a few look purple in the pan but when you swatch they are not so I thought I would mention every detail one by one:
  • Top Left: pigmented with no fall out
  • Top Middle: it is more golden the colour whereas it looks more like a champagne/pale pink shimmer and there was a little fall out
  • Top Right: exactly how it looks and no fall out
  • Middle Left: very pigmented and no fall out, lovely colour but I don't know if it will suit me
  • Middle Middle: lighter shade, not as pigmented but no fall out and is more red than anything
  • Middle Right: yellow/gold shimmer that has a bit of fall out and isn't as pigmented as the rest, I personally don't think it suits me as a tear duct highlight
  • Bottom Left: beautiful shade, not as dark as the pan but pigmented still and no fall out
  • Bottom Middle: nice base shade, pigmented and no fall out
  • Bottom Right: pigmented and a nice shade with no fall out
I used clean makeup brushes to apply these eyeshadows, I had given my brushes a deep clean a few days previously and then generally I give my brushes a quick clean swirling them around on a cotton bag that has micellar water on after every use, some of them have been stained using this palette, no other shadows have done that before, my brushes generally look okay after using red pigments and even darker pigments. I will be using this palette again, I really like it.

Purchased from: Primark
Price: £4.00
Star Rating: 4/5
Date Tried: Saturday 4th August 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment