1 September 2018

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Arbonne® Perfecting Liquid Foundation SPF15

Arbonne® is more of a natural company, I don't think they are 100% natural but they use botanically based ingredients, being earth friendly and don't test on animals. They also have a charity called Arbonne Charitable Foundation® that helps teenage girls and boys develop the confidence to realise their true potential and reach for their dreams. I think that is amazing and more companies should be like this.
I thought I would mention that when I purchased this foundation I thought the price was quite high then I received the product, the outer carton that houses the foundation looks quite sleek and fancy, the box it's self is matte then around the box is a glossy tree, this maybe just me but it brings a sense of importance, detail, luxury. I took the foundation bottle out and it is a cheap plastic bottle, nothing special just like most drugstore foundations. It is a pump bottle so thats a bonus, I unscrewed the pump and there isn't a stick or tube so I Googled it and saw the base of the foundation rises as you use it.

CLAIMS:
  • Smooth as satin
  • Creates a naturally radiant complexion 
  • Moisturises
  • Creates the look of firmer skin
  • Minimises the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles 
  • Medium to full coverage
HOW TO APPLY:
I looked at the bottle and it says 'DIRECTIONS/WARNINGS: See outer carton for more information' so I looked at the outer carton and that says 'DIRECTIONS: Apply before sun exposure'.
I am struggling to find a foundation for my dry skin that lasts a long time, looks natural and dewy or even decent looking so when I heard about a more natural foundation I thought maybe the natural ingredients will help to moisturise my skin.
When I do first impressions on foundations I try them out without primers because when I have to quickly get ready I never use a primer so I want to test foundations out for those rushed days. I used my dampened BeautyBlender® to apply the foundation to my skin. It is a medium coverage not full but a decent coverage making my skin look radiant.
I applied the rest of my makeup, it looked dry and wasn't as nice looking, I guess the natural radiant complexion only lasted for half an hour, the foundation claims to minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and you can see the lines on my forehead which not all foundations reveal them. I have considered getting botox to remove those horrible lines.
UPDATE #1 (4pm): I applied the foundation at about 7am so 9 hours later and the foundation seems patchy and dry, my smile lines are more defined because the foundation collects in those lines.
UPDATE #2 (8pm): My face is so dry and patchy, I haven't topped up on my makeup or used a refreshing spray.

I was disappointed with how dry my face felt and looked, I want a foundation that can last throughout the day without looking patchy or highlighting my fine lines. If I was to use my MAC Prep and Prime Fix+ throughout the day then maybe it would look and feel better. The foundation claims to make your skin smooth as satin which I disagree with, it claims to create a naturally radiant complexion which only lasted for half an hour. Another claim is moisturising - NOPE! Creates the look of firmer skin - NOPE! Minimises the appearance of fine lines and wrinkle - NOPE it actually magnifies the look of them. I will keep trying this foundation out and in a month or two I might do a revisit blog post if there are any differences of opinions.

Where You Can Purchase: Arbonne®
Price: £37.00 + £6.50 P&P
Shade: Alabaster
Star Rating: 3/5
Date Tried: Monday 13th August 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment