22 September 2018

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Tropic Hair Care Discovery + Scalp Massager

When I decided to do these blog posts for the month of September I noticed on the Tropic website that they do trial size sets and thought that it would be perfect to try all of the products out in one kit.
What I wanted to mention is how pretty the products were packaged, I am a sucker for nice packaging.

HOW TO USE:
There is a sort of order to the products but you have two options and various ways of doing a regime so I just tried them out individually so I can see how my hair responds to each individual item.
I came across the hair care discovery and scalp massager kit and thought that sounded brilliant because my scalp needs a little TLC at the moment. I have dry ends but oily scalp, long thick hair that falls out all of the time.

Tropic Clarifying Hair Wash
Tropic Clarifying Hair Wash is a sulphate and silicone free shampoo made naturally with aloe vera juice, babassu extract and coconut derived cleansers.

HOW TO USE:
Apply a small amount into wet hair and gently massage into scalp to achieve a rich lather then rinse.

CLAIMS:
This effective, concentrated formula gently lathers to clean and freshen your hair without stripping it.

First of all I know it says it gently lathers I expected to see bubbles or foaming like most shampoos but it didn't do that, it says use a small amount but because it didn't really lather to the point of spreading I had to use quiet a bit of it. I noticed my hair felt different and it's hard to say how different but it felt cleaner, I would probably use this as a weekly treatment, if I used it more than once a week I think my hair would be extremely dry but otherwise I liked it.

Kit Size: 50ml
Full Size: 250ml
Full Size Price: £16.00
Star Rating: 4/5

Tropic Nourishing Hair Cleanser
Tropic Nourishing Hair Cleanser is a sulphate and silicone free shampoo made naturally with academia oil, arginine and pro-vitamin B5.

HOW TO USE:

  1. After wetting your hair, apply a generous amount onto scalp and roots, then smooth through your hair. 
  2. Use your Scalp Massager to massage your scalp in circular motions, working your way in sections around your scalp - this helps to stimulate blood circulation for a relaxing and therapeutic experience.
  3. Leave for a few minutes and rinse your scalp very thoroughly, if extra hydration is needed.
  4. Rinse.


CLAIMS:
Experience a revolutionary new ritual of cleansing that refreshes your scalp, promotes healthy hair growth and prolongs colour luminosity for more luscious locks with every wash.

In my opinion this is the best thing since sliced bread, I can't say it has promoted healthy hair growth because I haven't been using it for long but my hair felt lovely, it looked luscious and it smelt delicious. If anybody else has used this product do you think it smells slightly like Original Source mint and tea tree shower gel but more of a subtle smell or is it just me. My hair smelt delicious for days.

Kit Size: 50ml
Full Size: 250ml
Full Size Price: £18.00
Star Rating: 5/5

Tropic Scalp Massager
HOW TO USE:

  1. Use with your Nourishing Hair Cleanser.
  2. Massage your scalp in gentle circular motions, working through one section of hair at a time, to allow the supply bristles to lift dirt and help cleanse.
  3. The Scalp Massager can be used anytime, both in or out of the shower, for a relaxing scalp massage to help stimulate circulation.


CLAIMS:
An innovative scalp massage brush with gentle silicone tips to help stimulate follicles on the scalp and encourage healthy hair growth.

I spent time just massaging my head whilst sitting watching television because it is so relaxing, I feel like when I put the cleanser into my hair by using this product I really massaged the product into my scalp and it may or may not have helped the product to work better.

Price: £8.00
Star Rating: 5/5

Tropic Hair Feast
Tropic Hair Feast is a sulphate and silicone free conditioner/mask made naturally with murumuru butter, plant protein and keratin.

HOW TO USE:

  1. Apply as required onto lengths and ends, leave for a minimum of 5 minutes before rinsing.
  2. This can also be used as an overnight hair mask for intensive deep conditioning.


CLAIMS:
Feed your hair with an indulgent feast of nourishing plant proteins, strengthening keratin and repairing butters for healthier stronger, more manageable locks.


I used it as a conditioner not a mask, I put it onto my hair and let it sit for about 10 minutes whilst I shaved my legs once I washed it out my hair felt soft and shiny and it looked it once it naturally dried even my ends that seem really dry at the moment.

Kit Size: 50ml
Full Size: 200ml
Full Size Price: £18.00
Star Rating: 5/5

Tropic Hair Smooth
Tropic Hair Smooth is a radiance oil made naturally with Abyssinian, maracuja and tamanu oils.

HOW TO USE:

  1. Apply to damp or dry hair to condition, protect and smooth.
  2. Start with half a pump and add more if required.
  3. Allow time for the oils to absorb and work their magic before styling.


CLAIMS:
A light, versatile styling oil to soften, hydrate and tame hair, leaving it looking extra shiny and soft after every application.

I applied half a pump to my hands and pat them together then smoothed it into the ends of my hair after I had showered so my hair was damp. Once my hair had dried the hair looked wet at the ends, bare in mind my hair is really thick and long. After another day my hair didn't feel nice, it felt greasy so I didn't like it.

Kit Size: 10ml
Full Size: 75ml
Full Size Price: £24.00
Star Rating: 0/5

I have worked out how much each product is worth to see whether or not the kit is worth it:

  • Tropic Clarifying Hair Wash: £3.20
  • Tropic Nourishing Hair Cleanser: £3.60
  • Tropic Scalp Massager: £8.00
  • Tropic Hair Feast: £4.50
  • Tropic Hair Smooth: £3.20

Total: £22.50

Overall the kit is worth £22.50 so you save £2.50, it's not a big saving but you get to try the products out, I know that I will definitely be repurchasing in the full size the nourishing hair cleanser due to how nice my hair felt and how nice it smelt. I still to this day use the scalp massager. It's a great kit to try out.

Kit Purchased from: Tropic
Price: £20.00
Overall Star Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment