29 September 2018

REVIEW: Pasta Evangelists Orecchiette with Pistachio Pesto, Pistachio Crumb & Parmesan

Pasta Evangelists is a restaurant quality pasta delivery company, artisanal recipe boxes delivered across the UK.
HOW IT COMES:
I had ordered two dishes to try, the one you can see and the Tonnarelli with Cream of Walnut Pesto, Walnut Crumb & Parmesan which I will be cooking the following day. They were all individually wrapped in packets and tubs with stickers to colour coordinate hense the pink dots. The ingredients came in a cardboard box that housed a really padded sleeping bag as my mum called it that had ice packs to keep the food fresh and the packets and pots of food were in the ice packed sleeping bag that was in the box.

The reason I wanted to try it is I am obsessed with pasta and would love to try and eat fresh pasta at least twice a week (minimum) and I came across this when I watched Dragon's Den (series 16 episode 3 if you want to watch), I have made fresh pasta before and love it, I eat both dry and fresh pasta but just don't have time during the week to make it fresh so this box sounds delicious.

HOW TO MAKE:
  1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
  2. Put the pesto in a large pan, add 1-2 tbsp (15-20ml) of the cooking water, cover with a lid and heat until steaming. 
  3. Once steaming turn heat off immediately.
  4. Cook the orecchiette in the boiling water (but leave the white flour in the pouch) for 3 minutes until ‘al dente’ (check one before removing from pan).
  5. Once cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer the orecchiette to the pistachio pesto. 
  6. Toss gently together with the sauce & garnish with pistachio crumb & parmesan on top,
  7. Buon appetito!
What I liked about this is how reasonably priced the recipe is, you get to try something new because I would never have had pistachio pesto, I am boring and always have basil pesto. It is simple to cook, five minutes maximum to cook such a delicious meal, it comes with an idiots guide on how to cook it.

Purchased from: Pasta Evangelists
Price: £6.50
Star Rating: 5/5
Date Tried: Wednesday 19th September 2018

This is not a sponsored blog post, I paid for the items, wanted to share with you this company with my honest opinion but since trying the food I love it and have a discount code for you so where is says 'BEEN REFERRED BY A FRIEND put my name to get: Alicia Maude to get £10 off of your order.

DISCOUNT CODE: Alicia Maude​

No comments:

Post a Comment