5 December 2018

What I Have Learnt As A Business Owner? (1 Month In) #Blogmas2018

5th November 2018 marks the day I launched my dream business Maude & Noah, it has been a month and I thought I would tell you a few things that I have learnt since launching.

Sales don't just fly in: You maybe lucky to have really supportive family and friends who will purchase things from you on the day of launch, I don't have that (my parents have been supportive) so don't feel down if you don't get a sale in straight away.

People can be rudely honest: I went to my first and second event, people can be quite rude when looking at your products and it can be quite hurtful but the way I got over those petty comments was 'I DON'T GIVE A SH**!' I remember one lady saying that my products are Chinese Tat, well I will have you know that the bangles are manufactured in England and they are not tat.

Be organised: You have to be organised with everything, making sure that you have everything written down.

Create an action plan: I have an action plan that I have created called Basic, this is my plan of action with the finances I have coming in how I will spend it but I also have a plan that's called Deluxe, it's if I make more sales and earn more with my job I can add extra things, bring out things earlier.

Think of what you want and what you need: I know what I want to launch with Maude & Noah so I need to make sure I have things to be able to do that so for example I have a plan to launch some earrings so I know I need earring display cards plus packaging and bits so I have worked out how much each product will cost to get them out there.

Believe in yourself: A couple of days after launching my business I felt as if I was failing and thought I would quit but I just realised that I need to leave it and just get on with it, I love my products and believe in the products.

I hope you understand what I am trying to explain and if you are thinking about launching your own business then go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment