23 March 2019

REVIEW: The Ordinary High-Spreadability Fluid Primer

I am going to try this primer with a variety of foundations with half of the face with the primer (my right, your left) and the other half no primer (my left, your right) to see if it is worth it. I am also using all of the same makeup like bronzer, highlighter etc even eyeshadow so that it's a fair test.
CLAIMS:
  • lightweight serum-like formula that increases the spreadability of subsequent complexion makeup to help avoid the unnatural and uneven accumulation of pigments especially around the eyes and on dry skin
  • formula also acts as a light, non-oily surface hydrator for a natural dewy look
HOW TO USE:
  1. Use as the last step in skincare regimen as a makeup primer.
The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
I did a first impressions on this foundation in May 2018 and gave it 4/5, plus a revisit in January 2019 and gave it ?/5 so thought I would try this primer.
My skin is dry although it doesn't look it in the photo because I had just done my morning skincare routine but give it an hour or too and it goes dry.
I love the feeling of the primer, I think it's because it isn't silicone free and I love the feeling of silicone primers.
I used a clean, damp BeautyBlender® to apply this foundation all over the skin, both sides look even.
I like the way my makeup looks, makeup applied beautifully afterwards.
UPDATE #1 (5:30pm): After a long day my skin looks pretty decent, to think it's been cold and windy out and normally my skin dries out even more but my makeup and face doesn't feel tight.
UPDATE #2 (8:30pm): My foundation hasn't worn off as much on the side where the primer has been applied.

Foundation purchased from: BeautyBay
Foundation shade: 1.1N (Fair Neutral)
Star Rating: 5/5
Date Tried: Thursday 3rd January 2019

Revolution Fast Base Foundation Stick
I did a first impressions on this foundation in April 2018 and gave it 5/5, I said it was easy to apply, melts into the skin, blends seamlessly and gives my skin a fresh and dewy finish.
My face with moisturiser.
My pores aren't as noticeable when wearing the primer.
Both sides look okay, the side with the primer looks more flawless.
My makeup on top of the foundation applied nicely afterwards.
UPDATE #1 (7pm): My makeup looks more dry and messy on the side without primer.

Foundation purchased from: Superdrug
Foundation shade: F1
Star Rating: 5/5
Date Tried: Friday 4th January 2019

wet n wild PhotoFocus™ Foundation
I did a first impressions on this foundation in July 2018 and gave it 1/5, I felt it wasn't suitable for dry skin so with this primer it might work.
Like normal my skin is dry but with moisturiser it's a lot better.
The primer has blurred my skin.
The foundation is very drying especially on the side without the primer and you can see it.
Due to the foundation being drying the rest of the makeup looks dry also my foundation has collected in my under-eye crease.
UPDATE #1 (4pm): My skin is dry but that is due to the foundation but the side with the primer isn't as dry.
UPDATE #2 (7pm): The side without the primer feels stiff and dry so the primer helps make my skin feel and look better, it hasn't done as well as it has under other foundations.

Foundation purchased from: Amazon
Foundation shade: Porcelain
Star Rating: 3/5
Date Tried: Wednesday 9th January 2019

NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation
I did a first impressions on this foundation in December 2018 and gave it 4/5, this foundation sinks into fine lines so hopefully this primer will help out.
I feel like I am repeating myself by saying my skin is dry and I use a thick face cream prior to applying makeup.
Again repeating myself by saying that my skin looks more smooth and my pores don't look as noticeable with me using this primer.
Let me just note that this foundation isn't the right shade for me but I add a little concealer to lighten it, the foundation has applied nicely to the skin.
Makeup has gone better with the side that has the primer on.
UPDATE #1 (5pm): Dry on the side without primer but otherwise the other side looks good.

Foundation purchased from: Boots
Foundation shade: Vanilla
Star Rating: 5/5
Date Tried: Thursday 10th January 2019

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
I loved this foundation but over the last month of so my skin feels even more dry so I don't know if this primer is needed.
Normal: dry skin and using face cream.
I really do love this primer and how it blurs my skin.
My foundation applied lovely on top of the primer.
Makeup creased under the eyes but that is normal.
UPDATE #1 (5pm): One of our usual customers said my makeup looked lovely today and then a member of staff also complimented my makeup so I will be continuing to use this foundation.

Foundation purchased from: Boots
Foundation shade: Light Vanilla
Star Rating: 5/5
Date Tried: Friday 11th January 2019

Bourjois City Radiance
I love Bourjois foundations so a while ago get this to try it out, it's not my favourite but it's okay.
I have had quite a few breakouts recently so my skin isn't the best.
Even though I am red skinned and covered in spots my skin does look more fresh and smoother on the side I am using the primer on.
My foundation looks slightly powdery but hopefully once my natural oils come out that it will look a bit better.
My makeup still looks slightly dry but better now that it is all done, it looks better on the side with primer.
UPDATE #1 (6pm): My skin looks shiny but I would rather look shiny than dry.
UPDATE #2 (9pm): Both sides look okay, my skin feels better on the side with the primer on.

Foundation purchased from: Boots
Foundation shade: Ivory Rose
Star Rating: 4/5
Date Tried: Monday 21st January 2019

The Ordinary Serum Foundation
I did a first impressions on this foundation in December 2018 and gave it 2/5, it left my skin powdery so hopefully by using this primer it will improve it especially as it's the same company.
Skin is dry.
The primer does blur your skin.
I look miserable in this photo and just screams how my skin looks, miserable and dry plus powdery looking.
I do love how I do my makeup but it does look dry still.
UPDATE #1 (8pm): You maybe wondering why I am pouting or making a funny face, well it's because I am also trying out a lip mask and took photos for that too.

Foundation purchased from: ASOS
Foundation shade: 1.1N
Star Rating: 3/5
Date Tried: Monday 11th February 2019

I love the way this primer feels and it does help improve the look of my makeup. I am going to continue to use this primer and try it with other foundations that I have and do a revisit on it again to see what I think about it with maybe some high end foundations.

Primer purchased from: ASOS
Price: £5.50
Overall Star Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment