22 April 2019

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Natural Collection Long Lasting Foundation #OneBrandOneWeek

Natural Collection has a long lasting foundation that I thought I would try as the first blog post of this series also thought it would be good to trial it out on a day that I am really busy helping my mum move house.
CLAIMS:
  • Long Lasting Foundation has been created to last for 15 hours.
  • It glides onto skin leaving a comfortable medium coverage. 
  • Kind to skin. 
  • Enriched with Camomile to help soothe and protect.
My skin is dry, I feel like I am constantly saying that but it's true. I won't be using a primer underneath because I like trialing foundations bare skinned to see how it works (I have my usual moisturiser on). Also if I look rough it's because I am up early at 6am, I am staying at my parents in my sisters room so didn't sleep well plus I am helping them move.
I've recently been using my Real Techniques buffing brush to blend in my foundation so when I used this I noticed the foundation is too dark for me, I have chosen the lightest shade from Natural Collection which is kind of annoying but otherwise it did blend really nicely and is medium coverage as well as comfortable.
I used a little more concealer than normal to lighten the foundation, the rest of the makeup went on pretty nicely on top.
UPDATE #1 (3pm): 9 hours later and it's starting to look rough around the nose which is my driest patch.
UPDATE #2 (7pm): 13 hours later and I am exhausted, the dry patches around the nose still look dry but they aren't that bad.

Overall I like this foundation, I am disappointed in the lack of a shade range, there are only 6 shades and they all seem to be similar when I went into the store, to think the lightest isn't that light is kind of annoying but to think it is only £2.99 I am pretty impressed. It is definitely comfortable and didn't dry my skin out.

Purchased from: Boots
Shade: Porcelain
Price: £2.99
Star Rating: 4/5
Date Tried: Saturday 13th April 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment