28 April 2019

FULL FACE ONE BRAND: Natural Collection 2019 #OneBrandOneWeek (+overview)

I can't believe this week is up, I feel like it was longer than normal but I can say I did a blog post every day this week all about Natural Collection.
PRIMER: I used my fingers to blend the primer all over my face but a bit more on my cheek bones and down my nose.
EYESHADOW: Using my Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush I covered my eyelid with the eyeshadow Mink then blend Vintage Pink into the crease using my Real Techniques Blending Crease Brush.
FOUNDATION: Blended the Long Lasting Foundation into my face using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

CONCEALER: Liquid Concealer in Fair under my eyes in the T-Zone blended in using my Real Techniques Liquid Highlight Brush.
SETTING POWDER: Translucent Powder under my eyes, above the jaw line, around the nose and T-Zone using my Real Techniques Angled Multitask Brush but didn't wipe it off completely until it's baked.
BROW PENCIL: I used the brow pencil very lightly because it is too dark.
CLEAR MASCARA: to set my brows I used the clear mascara.
BRONZER: I wiped all the setting powder off then bronzed the face slightly with my Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Contour Brush.
BLUSHER: my favourite blusher of all time is Peach Melba applied with my Real Techniques Cheek Brush.

HIGHLIGHT: highlighter stick on the cheek bones and nose.
MASCARA: I applied one coat of length mascara.
MASCARA: I applied another coat of definition mascara and really like the look of the lashes now..
GLOSS: Clear lipgloss on and we have finished.

Overview
Natural Collection was the first makeup brand my mum bought me, my mum only wears a little makeup when she is going out and she has these bronzer balls from Natural Collection and lip glosses from here, because she doesn't really wear makeup she got cheap stuff so she got me some when I was allowed to wear it.
I always loved Natural Collection for simple things like eyeshadow and blusher, I did love mascara from them too but got rid of a load when I was downsizing my makeup collection last year but kept a few bits and I know my Peach Melba blush has smashed but I kept it.
I did try a few other bits that Natural Collection have bought out and did a slight overview on them so you can see how they perform but not given them a star rating because there may come a time when I do a complete blog post on it.
Hydrating & Radiance Primer (£2.99): the photo shows me wearing it under my usual favourite foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, it's a very subtle looking highlighter under the foundation. You can see how it looks in the Full Face One Brand above.
Tinted Moisturiser (£2.99): there are only three shades which is never good but the product itself is brilliant.
Correct & Concealer (£1.99): 6 shades, yellow, green, purple then three 'skin' shades, I got the lightest one and I feel it's not light enough for my user eye but it doesn't crease and bare in mind I haven't baked or used a setting spray when trialing this.
Liquid Concealer (£2.99): I got the lightest shade but I prefer lighter, it blended in nicely, I didn't bake or set the product because I know people don't like doing that and I wanted to see what it was like without doing that and it creased under my eyes after about six hours so it was pretty good.
Translucent Powder (£2.49): can't go wrong with translucent powder can you?
Brow Pencil: There are only two shades available and when I ordered on two separate occasion the lightest shade it came and I was surprised how dark it was but I can use it just lightly to work.
Bronzing Powder (£1.99 each): I only purchased one bronzer which was Copper and I will always remember purchasing one years ago and it made me look muddy but it doesn't now and I find it's really pigmented.
Powder Blusher (£1.99 each): I got four of the blushers, I don't normally like using blusher because my skin is red as it is but if you like blusher then I really recommend them however they are really pigmented so be light handed. The shades I have going from top to bottom: Apricot Dream, Peach Melba, Pink Cloud & Rose Blush.
Blush & Glow (£1.99 I think): I only have one of these in the shade Peach and when I went to buy more online they were gone, vanished off of the website completely which is a shame because it's a really good blusher and highlighter powder, very pigmented.
Highlighter Stick (£2.49): I used to have the original of this but can't find it but I do remember loving it so when I tried this one I was pleased to say it was exactly the same.
Lip Gloss: I got two lipglosses Peach Kiss and Vanilla, I have used Vanilla lipgloss multiple time and when I used to have this makeup it was my go to look with this on top of MAC Creme Cup.

I have a few products that have gone through the rebrand and I have kept the original so here is a comparison between the old and new.
I prefer the packaging of the new one, I like how simple things are which is both the old and new but I remember losing a lid to an eyeshadow and ended up binning it.
The eyeshadows I have in the old range are really pigmented whereas the new one isn't as pigmented. The blusher are the same.

I will continue using some of the products and expect revisit blog posts in a month or so.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Alicia,
    I really liked this blog post. I remember when I was a teenager I used to use natural collection makeup - mainly lip gloss and lipstick. I didn't know that they re-branded, I still have the old clear vanilla lip gloss which I love. If you've tried the old one would you say the new one is just as good? Also your makeup looks here are gorgeous and natural :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gentle body wash for cleansing and revitalizing your skin (BLACKWOOD FOR MEN)

    ReplyDelete