27 April 2019

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Natural Collection Mono Eyeshadow #OneBrandOneWeek

I didn't get all of the eyeshadows but I got a decent amount of them.
CLAIMS:
  • Beautifully pigmented colour
  • Soft and creamy formula provides an easy and smooth application
  • Blendable and buildable
  • Enriched with Camomile to help soothe and protect.
Look #1: Marshmallow, Soft Peach & Vintage Pink
Sorry for the quality of the pictures but they were taken on my iPhone 6s.
I have put my normal Bourjois 24Hr Eye Primer on my right eye (left on the picture).
Marshmallow: I put this shade all over my eye with my Spectrum B04 brush, it's a plain solid colour and perfect for the base colour.
Soft Peach: I used my Real Techniques Angled Shadow Brush to blend in the crease and above for a nice peachy look but it isn't as pigmented as I was hoping it would be, you can barely see it.
Vintage Pink: This is a beautiful shade in the pan so thought it would be good as a deeper crease colour. I used my Real Techniques Blending Crease Brush and blended this shade into my crease and really like the way it looks but it is very lightly done.
After finishing the rest of my makeup I realised the eyeshadow is very muted and soft which really is nice but okay.
UPDATE #1 (2pm): The eyeshadow hasn't creased but is still mute.

UPDATE #2 (8pm): I have realised the eyeshadow is slightly more pigmented when it is over the top of the primer and it doesn't crease when it has the primer.
Date Tried: Friday 12th April 2019

Look #2: Mink, Vintage Pink & Rose Quartz
I have put my Bourjois eye primer on my right eye (left on the picture).
Mink: using my Spectrum B04 brush to put Mink all over the eyelid.
Vintage Pink: blend this shade in with my Real Techniques Angled Shadow Brush above my crease slightly, it isn't a very pigmented product on a brush.
Rose Quartz: this shade is more pigmented, I used my Real Techniques Blending Crease Brush to blend this shade in.
I am trying out a new mascara so the lashes are more visible which I think makes the eyeshadow look pale and mute.
UPDATE #1 (3pm): The eyeshadow hasn't smudged or creased and clumped up in my crease.
UPDATE #2 (7pm): I really like how this look has lasted especially as I have had a busy day moving home however the eye with primer looks better.
Date Tried: Saturday 13th April 2019

Look #3: Champagne, Copper Blush & Tiramisu
Eye primer on the right eye (left on the picture).
Champagne: Spectrum B04 brush to put a base coat of Champagne all over, it's a lovely wash of shimmer or glow.
Copper Blush: Real Techniques Angled Shadow Brush to blend in the colour above the crease.
Tiramisu: blend this darker shade with Real Techniques Blending Crease Brush, Tiramisu is a nice darker colour that is quite pigmented but quite a lot of fall out.
Cleared up the fall out and did the rest of my makeup.

UPDATE #1 (5pm): I didn't manage to get a photo but I definitely prefer the eye with primer, the look lasts longer and doesn't collect in the crease.
Date Tried: Sunday 21st April 2019

Look #4: White Opal, Mink & Crushed Walnut
Again used primer on the right eye (left on the picture) and pretty much used the same brushes.
White Opal: this shade is very pigmented but a little two yellow for me.
Mink: very light this shade that I blended into the crease
Crushed Walnut: more of a pigmented eyeshadow, be light handed otherwise it looks messy with the fall out.
I like the way the eyeshadow looks.
UPDATE #1 (5pm): You can see how the eyeshadow clings to any oily patches and moves the product, it is worse on the eye without primer.
Date Tried: Wednesday 24th April 2019

I did finger swatches and noticed they are really pigmented but some aren't so when using a brush which is annoying for hygiene reasons. Overall there isn't much of a shade range, I would have loved a gold or orange toned eyeshadow which they don't do but if you are starting with makeup then maybe these are good for that with the more natural/neutral shades. I will do a revisit blog post on these once I have had the chance to play around with them more.

Purchased from: Boots
Price: £1.99 each
Star Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment