30 August 2019

August 2019 Favourites & Dislikes

This month's favourites is also a dislike blog post.

BEAUTY
MAC Face & Body Foundation (shade: C1)
I love this foundation, it has featured in a few blog posts
OPI Nail Lacquer (Another Ramen-tic Evening)
With my current living situation I haven't got my nail polish collection so purchase a few new ones that I know I don't have and I keep repainting them with this shade.

FOOD & DRINK
Halo Top Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
I know I am trying to lose weight and to think I am not a sweet tooth it's weird putting this in but with the heat in England I have really craved ice cream, 360 calories per tub is pretty good although I have only managed a third of a tub at one sitting.

TV SHOWS, MOVIES & PODCASTS

Loose Lips
I am so please this podcast is back, I have missed their honest truth and funny stories.

Mulan
My sister's flat mate Bella got me into this movie, I love it, I really like musicals and this has some really good songs.

MUSIC
Right so I used to do this section with podcasts but I thought I would do it separate from now on, I create a new playlist at the beginning of the month and do amend it but it's the playlist I pretty much play all month so here are the songs I have on my August playlist that I love.

Annie Lennox - Walking On Broken Glass
This has been a song I have loved for years, I love the music video, it is based on part of a film called Dangerous Liaisons, I have watched the movie trailer and think the music video has a better storyline.

Billie Eilish - bury a friend
Such a weird song but yet a really easy listen.

Donny Osmond - I'll Make A Man Out Of You 
This is from the film Mulan so thank you Bella for getting me into this.

Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off 
CLASSIC! This always gets played at one of our family parties.

Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher Love 
This has been a favourite of mine since 28th June when it was released, I saw the sneak peek post he put up on 25th June on Instagram and couldn't wait for it to come out and I purchased it no sooner it did, love Whitney Houston music and I love Kygo. I constantly dance to this one over and over again.

Kygo ft. a-ha - Take On Me
This was in my favourites blog post for January 2019 as well as May 2019, I can't stand this song without the Kygo touch.

Madonna - Like A Prayer
This song always reminds me of my year 4 teacher Miss Vissani (best teacher ever), if the class was ever looking sleepy she would put this on and make us do this dance routine to it. It's another song I just dance to.

Madonna - Material Girl
A classic that again makes me dance.

Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
It's such an old but classic song, puts me in such a good mood.

Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of Shawn Mendes, this is the only song I like.

The Commitments - Treat Her Right
I love the film this song comes from, I love dancing to this and getting ready in the morning to it.

The Commitments - Try A Little Tenderness
Another one from The Commitments. I have hear the Otis Redding version but prefer this version.

The Communards - Don't Leave Me This Way
This song always reminds me of my first proper job where I worked in a restaurant, Jay the owner of the restaurant (aka a friend of my dad's) had such a good playlist for the place and this song was always played on a Friday and Saturday, it put me in such a good mood for that shift.

OTHER

Tired 'N Tested
Never included a Facebook page but this woman is hilarious, this woman is amazingly truthful but does it in a comedic way. I don't even know how I found her, I don't have kids and the first video that came up was children's soft play, going to be completely honest, this places scare me with the germs and the screaming kids and the chaos.

Casarella21
Who else loved Life Of Marbs? I wish it was back or they did a show called The Real Housewives Of Marbella because I want Casarella to join, she is hilarious, so down to earth and natural.

DISLIKES

St James's University Hospital
I sat in this hospital for over 11 hours, in which 11 hours was on the Surgical Assessment Unit and there was no answers, I know the NHS is stretched but I was barely even noticed, I was lying on the chairs trying to sleep and there was another woman who was throwing up and in pain and the staff gave her paracetamol which she threw up and they left her, it is such an awful hospital in my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment