8 November 2019

REVIEW: Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer

I love wearing eyeshadow but it always clings in my creases within a few hours because my eyelids get oily so thought I would put this primer to the test especially as I saw it on Lily Pebbles blog ages ago so thought why not?
CLAIMS:
  • Instantly smoothes and preps lids
  • Wear it alone or under any eye shadow
  • Smudge-proof
  • Wears up to seven hours
  • Say goodbye to lines and wrinkles
LOOK #1
I applied the primer on my right eye (left in the picture), it feels nice and with a little tap it blends in.
The colour of the eyeshadows pick up more on the eye with primer on it.
Update #1 (1pm): I love the way this eyeshadow looks on both eyes.
Update #2 (7pm): Both sides have really smudged and moved.
Eyeshadow Palette: PS… Bronze Shade & Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette
Date Tried: Sunday 6th October 2019

LOOK #2
I applied the primer on my right eye and you can see it has started bunching up when I blended it with a brush.
I was trying out other makeup items on this day so all of my makeup looked bad, shadows show up more with the primer.
Update #1 (8pm): The eyeshadow has bunched up in the creases.
Eyeshadows: Natural Collection Mono Eyeshadow in Mink and Vintage Pink
Date Tried: Thursday 10th October 2019

LOOK #3
I tried to blend the primer in with a brush again and yet again in clumped up.
The eyeshadow looks better on the side with the primer and again it's on my right eye (left in pictures) and by the looking better I think both sides look good but I had to use more product on the eye without primer.
Update #1 (8pm): The eyeshadow has slipped around on both eyes, I have really oily eye lids (is that common) but the side with the primer isn't as bad as the other eye.
Eyeshadow Palette: Urban Decay NAKED Basic 2
Date Tried: Tuesday 15th October 2019

LOOK #4
I used my finger to blend the primer into my right eye.
Another look that I might consider having as my everyday look, both sides look the same.
Update #1 (1pm): No difference between both sides.
Update #2 (8pm): Again no visible differences.
Eyeshadow Palette: MUA Undressed Eyeshadow Palette
Date Tried: Monday 21st October 2019

LOOK #5
Primer on my right eye (left in the picture).
I decided to change my look and wear some eyeliner, I've not worn liquid liner for years, the eye with the primer seem more pigmented, my eyeliner looks darker.
Update #1 (4pm): The eye without primer is more worn looking and not so neat.
Eyeshadow Palette & Liner: Urban Decay NAKED Basic Palette & Soap & Glory Superheat Eyeliner
Date Tried: Sunday 27th October 2019

I won't be repurchasing this primer, I know of better primers at the same price that keeps my eyeshadow and eyeliner from moving, I will continue using it up but once it's gone, it's gone.

Purchased From: Boots
Price: £7.99
Star Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment