15 November 2019

REVIEW: St. Ives® Gentle Smoothing Oatmeal Scrub & Mask

I was walking through Boots which is always very dangerous and saw a display with new products, saw this and thought it was perfect for my skin.
CLAIMS:

  • Infused with the soothing scent of oatmeal
  • Gentle face scrub is made with 100% natural exfoliants like walnut shell powder. 
  • Use as a gentle exfoliating scrub to smooth away dull skin or apply as a mask for a nourishing treatment. 
  • This scrub and mask can be used 3‐4 times a week for fresh, glowing skin. 
  • Ideal for dry or sensitive skin types.
  • Dermatologist tested.
  • Paraben free.
  • Non-comedogenic.


HOW TO:

  1. Squeeze a small amount of scrub onto your fingertips and massage onto damp skin.
  2. Spread in small circular motions, applying gentle pressure to awaken your skin.
  3. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose. 
  4. If using as a mask, leave on for 5‐7 minutes then gently massage and rinse off with water.

I am using this product for a month, three times a week.

Week 1
My skin is very dry and also textured at the moment.
Day #1: I seem to have more spots on my forehead, I know that it is a hormonal breakout. I noticed my skin felt soft and looked really shiny.
Day #2: When I say day two it's not the day straight after, I am doing this face mask/scrub every other day.
Day #3: My skin looks glow-y but I seem to be getting more and more spots.

Week 2
Day #1: I seem to be getting more and more spots on my forehead and jawline and I don't know if this is causing it.
Day #3: My skin looks glow-y after using it but still with the breakouts.

Week 3
Day #2: My skin has cleared up and looks really good.

Week 4
Day #1: My skin isn't as textured as normal.
Day #3: I love how clear my skin looks now.

Don't get me wrong, it is a great product but I have started breaking out more and it's not like me so I am going to stop using it to see if my skin clears up and then try using it again and see what happens, expect a revisit blog post. Also the price bugs me, what a random number.

Purchased From: Boots
Price: £5.65
Star Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment