22 January 2020

UNBOXING: Birchbox UK January 2020

First box of the year and it's a collaboration with Rochelle Humes, if you don't know who she is, she was in the band The Saturday's but also is one of the presenters on M&S Food's YouTube channel.
The Box
The box is a drawer, I am so confused because when I used to have Birchbox it would come in a box then a drawer, I don't know if they have changed but let's see. I am going to do a blog post at the end of the year showing all the packaging of 2020 for Birchbox and see which one I prefer. The drawer is quite nice, it's gold, rose gold, pink marble, salmon, it's really nice. Inside there is the usual booklet which I don't look at until the end of me looking at the products and there is also a 20% off voucher for New Look.

A nourishing body lotion that is made from 85% natural ingredients and with leave your skin hydrated for 48 hours, I guess I will have to test this out. It is cruelty free. If you look at the website it says the full size is £13.95 however the little booklet you get in the box says full size is £9.95.
Full Size: 500ml
Full Size Price: £13.95
Size: 50ml
Product Value: £1.40
Jade rollers give a quick fix for daily skincare struggles like boosting radiance and tightening pores, however I am not sure about this and have wanted to try this out myself so glad I received one, my jade roller isn't as light as the others. The reason I have take multiple pictures of it because I am trying to look at packaging, I own my own business and try to package my products so they are safely delivered but without excessive packaging and I feel the bubble packaging maybe excessive.
Full Size Price: £15.50
Helps with textured and wavy hair so I will be giving this product to my mum who has really curly hair, this ultra hydrating formula conditions and ensures you have a tangle-free finish, whilst anti-static agents provide optimum shine.
Full Size: 200ml
Full Size Price: £19.50
Size: 20ml
Product Value: £1.95
Maximum glow with minimal effort, highlighter enriched with coconut and Argan oil so this hydrating formula leaves behind a dreamy dewy glow. There were three shades: Just Dew It, Pear Pressure and Blind Date. Another product with excessive packaging.
Full Size: 8ml
Full Size Price: £15.00
Size: 5ml
Product Value: £9.38
A deep cleansing exfoliator with papaya enzymes, aloe vera and micro-crystals to gently slough away dirt, even skin tone and reduce fine lines in one glow-boosting step. 99% natural ingredients and it is cruelty free.
Full Size: 120ml
Full Size Price: £26.00
Size: 20ml
Product Value: £4.33

Calculation
Greenfrog Botanic Argan Oil Body Lotion: £1.40
Mélusine Jade Roller: £15.50
Philip Kingsley Moisture Balancing Combination Conditioner: £1.95
The Beauty Crop Glow Milk: £9.38
Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator: £4.33
TOTAL: £32.53

I have seen that most of the boxes were the same, to think Birchbox is £10 + £2.95 so the jade roller is more than box itself. I hadn't received a nail polish or nail treatment in a Birchbox for a while and would like that. Don't get me wrong, I do like the products I have received this month but there is also the same sort of things in the boxes.

Is the box worth it?: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment