6 March 2020

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask

I have wanted to try this award winning face mask for a while now, it was all over Instagram when it first came out with amazing reviews. It was the best face mask on Nylon Korea's Beauty Hit List 2018, best face mask for Women's Health Beauty Awards 2018. Did you know that one of these face masks sells every three minutes and once had an 8,000 person waitlist when they sold out, it sold out seven times between Sephora and Glow Recipes site.
CLAIMS:
  • Luxuriously bouncy
  • Breathable 
  • Smoothe and perfects skin overnight
  • Radiance boosting 
  • Soothes
  • Pore refining
  • Gently exfoliates and clarify
  • Suitable for dry skin, normal skin, sensitive skin, oily/combination skin and vegans
  • Free of parabens, mineral oil, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic dyes
  • NOTE FROM THE WEBSITE: Since our Watermelon Mask is made with real watermelon, you may find real fruit chunks in the formula
KEY INGREDIENTS:
I was reading the Glow Recipe website about this product and there was some information I thought would be interesting for you so I have copied it onto here below:
  • Watermelon: Amino-rich watermelon extract intensely hydrates, soothes and fights free radical damage to ward off fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.
  • Hyaluronic Acid: Instantly quench thirsty skin with hyaluronic acid. This holy grail hydrator retains 1000 times its weight in water to breathe new life to dry, rough skin.
  • AHA: Gentle chemical exfoliators that buff away dead skin, smooth fine lines, soften texture, diminish dark spots, and clarify pores. In other words, they help your skin live its best life.
  • Pumpkin Extract: Rich in antioxidants that both repair skin and defend it against damage-causing free radicals.

As A Sleeping Mask
HOW TO AS A SLEEPING MASK:
  1. Use two scoops or a generous layer on skin as the final step of the evening routine. 
  2. For drier skin types, layer an additional dime-sized amount onto the skin. 
  3. Be sure to gently pat, not rub, mask into skin until absorbed and wash thoroughly in the morning.
My skin looks slightly shiny on my forehead but otherwise my skin is dry and dull.
I applied the face mask in a generous manner especially around the nose which is my driest part, it feels
I have woke up and my skin looks like it is peeling but it's actually the mask.
I washed my face like it says to remove the face mask and it revealed a glowy skin and it feels very silky soft.

Star Rating: 5/5
Date Tried: Wednesday 12th February 2020

As A Wash Off Mask
HOW TO AS A WASH OFF MASK:
  1. Use the spatula to scoop the face mask and spread a thick layer gently across the face from forehead to chin. 
  2. Rinse with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
My skin isn't as dry as it used to be.
I applied the face mask quite generously in particularly around the nose where it is the driest.
You can't really see it but the face mask is matt on my skin after 10 minutes, sorry about the poor quality of picture.
I washed the face mask using lukewarm water and my Liz Earle cleansing cloth.
My skin feels and looks amazing but you can't tell with the pictures.

Star Rating: 5/5
Date Tried: Sunday 16th February 2020

I am please that there isn't an over powering smell of watermelon as I really don't like the smell of watermelon. my skin feels so after using this face mask and does a day later which doesn't happen normally with face masks. I really like this and will definitely continue using this and also repurchase.

Purchased From: Cult Beauty
Size: 30ml
Price: £20.50
Overall Star Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment