26 January 2019

REVISIT: The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

It is sad to say that the founder of The Ordinary has sadly passed away, I am not writing this because of him.
CLAIMS:

  • Full coverage
  • Lightweight
  • Smooth, perfected and semi-matte finish
  • Lasts all day without settling into fine lines

HOW TO USE:

  1. Shake before use
  2. Dispense a small amount into the palm or the back of your hand
  3. Smooth on and blend throughout the face
  4. Ideally outward from the midpoint of the face

When I first tried this foundation I said I would need to use a moisturising primer as well as my regular morning moisturiser as well as during the day when I feel my skin getting drier use a makeup fixing spray. I also said It is a full coverage, lightweight, semi-matte foundation that settles into fine lines. What I have decided to do is wear it without a primer but do my usual skincare routine.
I applied the foundation using a clean BeautyBlender®, it looks slightly dry on my skin but maybe once it sinks in and my natural oils come out maybe it will work better.
My makeup on top looks okay, it is slightly dry but passable.
UPDATE #1 (8pm): I have had a long day at work, my skin is very dry and it has clung to any fine lines like under my eye.
UPDATE #2 (10pm): It is dry and patchy, not something that I want.

This foundation is lightweight like it claims, I would say it is medium coverage and doesn't last all day without settling into fine lines. I have done a blog post that will be coming up soon where I am trialling a primer with multiple foundations so see if a primer is needed for this foundation.

Purchased from: Beauty Bay
Shade: 1.1N (Fair Neutral)
Price: £5.90
Star Rating: 2/5
Date Tried: Monday 7th January 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment