20 November 2019

ABBA The Museum (Stockholm 2019)

The main reason for my trip to Stockholm was to go to the ABBA museum, as a child I was obsessed, I want to be like Agnetha so I always said I wanted to go see where she was from.
I decided to go on my birthday as a treat for myself.
The museum is all about the band, the movies Mamma Mia and also other work they have done. I love seeing the actual outfits that were worn by the actual cast.
I loved seeing all the old pictures of them as youngsters.
There are some picture opportunities available round the place, you can go on stage, sit on the bench, all sorts really.
I loved the EuroVision section, being able to see their award and hearing the story about how they got it.
I am a big fan of their costumes so love seeing behind the scenes.
I learnt that Agnetha and Anni-Frid would have a glass of champagne before the show in their dressing room and Benny and Björn would play a game of chess. I really want one of those Japan jackets.
I loved seeing all the costumes, my family one year had a 70s & 80s party, it was more ABBA/Queen and 80s party but I really wanted to wear the cat costume, sadly I don't have the figure for it and couldn't get the costume.

If you are into ABBA then it is well worth the money to go visit, tickets cost about SEK 250,00 so about £20 and for the SEK 20,00 for the Audioguide so £2 which I did and was so glad I did, you listen to Agnetha, Anni-Frid, Björn and Benny tell you about their stories and memories over the years.

Get your tickets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment